- What is Project Roadblock?
Project Roadblock is a multiplatform drunk driving prevention campaign sponsored by TVB, NHTSA, and the Ad Council and exclusive to local broadcast television stations. Project Roadblock's flight runs when alcohol-impaired driving accounts for nearly one-third of motor vehicle crash fatalities: the holiday week of December 26th through New Year's Eve.
- Are Project Roadblock assets available for cable networks?
Project Roadblock is limited to local broadcast TV. However, non-TVB sponsored Buzzed Driving Prevention PSAs are available for air at any time and can be previewed and downloaded
- Where can I download spots to air for Project Roadblock?
Project Roadblock PSAs are available for download on PSA Central or Extreme Reach .
For Extreme Reach, select "Get Project Roadblock PSAs" and download! To determine if your station is currently an Extreme Reach affiliate, please contact
or your traffic manager.
- Where can I find Project Roadblock AD-IDs?
You can find both Extreme Reach and PSA Central AD-IDs
- What are traffic instructions for this?
Air December 26-31, when alcohol-impaired driving accounts for nearly one-third of motor vehicle crash fatalities.
1. Air during flight dates, ideally between 12pm (noon) - 12am (midnight), targeting men 21-34.
2. Fill the 10pm New Year's Eve slot with a Project Roadblock PSA.
Sponsoring Project Roadblock PSAs
- Can I sponsor Project Roadblock creative?
Yes, there are TV and Digital Banner PSAs available for sponsorship. Please complete our sponsorship form by December 18th. Each Project Roadblock sponsorship opportunity must be considered and approved on an individual, case by case basis to ensure that the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is comfortable with the proposed sponsor's product. If approved, the requested files will be provided. Click here to preview the PSAs available for sponsorship.
- The Project Roadblock PSAs are not downloading properly. What should I do?
You will not be able to download the creative titled "Sponsorable" because you must submit the
. However, if you are having issues downloading any of the other PSAs, please contact